Loirston School Newsletter

Introduction

Dear Parent/Carer

I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Mrs Louise McIntosh and I will be the Interim Head Teacher at Loirston School until the new Head Teacher has been appointed.  I have met some parents already but I would be delighted to meet as many of you as possible.  I have been made to feel so welcome at Loirston by staff, pupils and parents.  There seems to be a good community feel about the school and I am really looking forward to all the exciting opportunities that lie ahead.

Diary Dates

Please find in the Holiday dates tab above some diary dates for the session 2008-09.  We will let you know of any new dates that need to be added throughout the year.

Vandalism

Unfortunately there have been a couple of incidents of vandalism within the school grounds recently. During the holidays the area around the Playdale equipment was badly damaged.  This was not accidental damage.  The estimated cost to repair the surface is a minimum of £850. 

Unfortunately, because of the damage, the pupils cannot play in this area.  Also, when we came into school on Friday (29.08.08) we discovered further damage to the Playdale surface and, more worringly, several tiles had been dislodged from  the garage roof and were strewn along the pathway.  This means that children must have actually been on the roof!  From the images on the school security camera we can identify that there were about 12 children playing on or around the garage at 9.15 pm.  I have reported the incident to the local police.  Again there will be a substantial cost to repair the roof.  In these times of financial constraints I would rather that every penny we have available is spent on the children.  I am very concerned that this level of vandalism will escalate if it is not “nipped in the bud” very quickly.

For holiday dates please click on Holiday Dates tab above.