School Meals Price Increase

Your Ref.Our Ref.ContactEmailDirect DialDirect Fax  DR/Derek Rossderekr@aberdeencity.gov.uk01224 52264501224 523902

Dear Parent

Primary School Meals 

I am writing to inform you that with effect from Tuesday 1 April the price of a meal will increase to £1.70. This has been agreed by Aberdeen City Council within its 2008/09 Budget.  There has been no increase in the price of a school meal since April 2006.

Pre-purchased ‘pink’ tickets will be accepted along with an additional 15p per ticket, paid to the school kitchen, up until Friday 2 May 2008.

Aberdeen City Council have implemented recommendations contained within the Scottish Executive Guidelines ‘Hungry for Success’ and is committed to encouraging healthy eating.  I trust that you are finding the copies of school menus that are sent home informative and useful to encourage your children to eat a balanced diet over the week.

It is important to Aberdeen City Council that the School Meals Catering Service satisfies your requirements.  I welcome any comments or suggestions you may have that could lead to improvements within the service.

The School Meals Catering Service would like to thank you for your continued support and we look forward in the forthcoming year to providing our services to you.

Yours sincerely

Derek Ross

Derek Ross

Facilities Manager